We invite you to this meeting to create the Vallarta Pride 2018 Organization Committee, which will discuss topics related to the planning of the event for next year as well as interviews with people interested in joining the organization team. Are you interested in participating in the planning of Vallarta Pride 2018? This is your chance!
Check out the vacancies we have below and do not forget to confirm your attendance at our Facebook event.
Vallarta Pride 2018 Steering Committee Positions
- It is Pride’s public face for the city, neighborhood associations, radio, press and events. must be done in spanish and english.
- Respond to all questions and correspondence as the official Pride spokesman on the firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of the Board
Works to impliment the work of the Board and Committee is completed.
- Sign all agreements and contacts.
- Be involved in negotiations between Vallarta pride and other entities.
- Official name on permits etc.
- Represent Vallarta Pride to other organizations, the industry, government and public agencies, the media, and the public.
- Represent the Association and its members to other organizations, the industry, government and public agencies, the media, and the public.
- Preparing and supervise the Sponsorship forms and events contracts.
- Work with the director’s assistant to Develop relationships with key senior executives throughout the business community to maximize the awareness of Vallarta Pride’s value and to maintain and increase sponsorship opportunities.
- Preside at all meetings of the Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure decisions are made in a timely manner and then translated in to meaningful actions holding appropriate parties accountable for success.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop agendas for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Work with all chairs to ensure work is completed in a timely manner i.e. Treasurer, Chair of Membership, Secretary, and PR.
- Reflect any serious concerns to the BOD in regards to the role of individual Board members or committee members.
- Oversee Promotion with the Public Relations Director and Media specialist.
- With Director of PR oversee the publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs with Media Specialist.
- Be supervised by Treasure on completion of Accounting tasks.
- Work with Director of Sponsorship to ensure old sponsors are being followed up with and new sponsors are being recruited. Help set realistic goals for membership.
- Work with Secretary to ensure all legal requirement for meeting and notices are met.
- Work with Secretary to develop the agenda for the monthly BOD meeting and ensure minutes are recorded in a timely manner.
- Monitor and present the budgets, accounts and financial statements of the CD.
- Ensure that the use of the funds meets the conditions established by the funding agencies.
- Submit regular reports on the financial situation of the organization.
- Develop VallartaPride strategic plans.
- Lead the implementation of the sponsorship program in accordance with the Vallarta Pride sponsorship guidelines established by the Steering Committee.
- Ensure proper implementation of the Sponsorship program.
- Recruitment of new sponsors.
- Orientation of volunteers working with sponsors.
- Develop and assume overall responsibility for the development of the Pride marketing plan and control of the marketing budget.
- Organize marketing strategy meetings on a regular basis for the review of strategy and promotion programs.
- Coordinate with the Director to set the agenda for the Board meetings.
- Registration and documentation of discussions and actions taken on the BOD.
Representative of Women
- Ensure participation and free access to women and women’s groups.
- Organize events throughout the year (such as Mesde Stonewall, International Prideetc Day) and festival events (such as the Dykes March, Sail on the Beach, Trans March, and the Lido Commitment Ceremony, etc.).
Parade / Events Coordinator
- Responsible for coordination and communication with parade participants.
- Manage the logistics and assembly of the parade.
- Responsible for the location of judges and the coordination of gifts for the winners of the parade competitions.
- Ensure that you adhere to the weekend program, making sure that events are held as they were designated.
- Coordinate the transportation and sale of merchandise for artists.
- Responsible for the assembly and disassembly of all areas of the Festival, from umbrellas, tables, equipment and electricity.
- Coordinate the deliveries and the placement of everything in the square.
- Work directly with committee volunteers to manage city permits and liaise with neighborhood organizations.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Committee.
- Manage requests from community organizations throughout the year and coordinate donations / fundraising during the year and during the Festival.
- Serve liaison and answer questions from the media, individuals and other organizations, often via phone and email.
- Investigate, write and distribute press releases to the media.
- Preparation and supervision of the production of advertising brochures, brochures, direct mail prospects, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs.
Link to the City
- Represent the Committee and its members before other organizations, government agencies, the public, the media and the general public.
- Provide information about Pride at community events. Acting as hosts for donors, artists and sponsors at the VIP Center during the Festival.